Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Mechanical Inspector to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Technical Delivery
• Interacting with clients and contractor’s staff to determine and verify project requirements.
• Preparing inspection reports and site records.
• Performing civil and structural tests.
• Providing general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
• Identifying non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Collaboration and working as part of a team.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
• Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
• Five (5) years experience in a similar or equivalent position and job description.
• Experience working on healthcare / buildings projects
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in relevant disciplines: Mechanical Engineering.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices is required.
• Computer proficiency.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.