Job description / Role
The Maintenance Technician needs to be always alert to fix any reliability problems of the plant. Needs to apply the Preventive Maintenance Program of the site and reports immediately any deviations from that. The technician must follow established procedures and rules to facilitate production, assuring that all maintenance activities are performed according to the plan or needs.
The maintenance technician should be able to change prime movers (motors), replace or remove gear boxes, rebuild and replace pumps, blowers, filters and other mechanical equipment. Should be able to do equipment alignments, reading mechanical and technical manuals and diagrams.
He will have to carry a company’s cell phone at any time and be on call for the site for a certain number of days per month.
Main Job Duties:
• Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyers, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
• Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks, and Forklifts, to position machinery and parts in place during installation, set up and repair.
• Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions.
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
• Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
• Construct foundation for machinery.
• Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
• Has to understand all the safety and loss prevention issues of operations and strictly follow and apply all the related rules and practices of the company.
• Able to understand and use all maintenance related software.
• Understand process protocols and generate required compliance documentation.
• Troubleshoot and resolve all maintenance issues that might happen.
• Always seek opportunities for cost reduction and quality improvement through good practice approaches.
• Being in contact and cooperate with production personnel to apply all maintenance activities with the minimum negative impact to production.
• Safety awareness and a responsible work attitude.
• Working knowledge of LOTO, Hot Work Permitting, and other and standard industrial safety processes.
• Basic understanding and ability to interact within an environment with PLC’s.
• Understand and follow one line diagrams, flow charts, blue prints, schematics, and technical specifications.
• Ability to fabricate, cut, and utilizes various forms of welding equipment.
• Building and repairing a variety of mechanical systems.
• Knowledge of Computerized Machinery.
• Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans.
• Ability to work to exacting standards.
• Good Eye-Hand coordination and manual dexterity.
• Ability to get along with Co-Workers.
• Ability to work at heights or in cramped spaces.
• An analytical approach to problem solving.
About the Company
Ingenia Polymers was established in 1986 under the founding name WedTech Inc. The evolution to Ingenia Polymers in 2000 symbolizes the spirit of ingenuity that's applied to each and every project. Starting out as a small Canadian based polymer grinding company, Ingenia developed a distinct culture that is characterized by a strong drive for continuous improvement, commitment to leading-edge technologies, excellence in services, innovation and a continuous focus in adding value to its customers supply chain.
Today, Ingenia Polymers is composed of two complementary business units. Our Primary Producer Division provides thermoplastic toll compounding and size reduction solutions for producers and processors and our Masterbatch Division provides a full array of proprietary products such as white, additive and commodity black and colour concentrates. Together each division works to achieve optimum end results for customers around the world.
Ingenia Polymers has developed a record of stability, service and growth unsurpassed in the industry. World class ISO Certified facilities, cutting edge manufacturing technologies, commitment to quality, technical service and a pro-active customer service approach have been the driving force on Ingenia Polymers growth in the marketplace. This reputation is the culmination of expertise and dedication of Ingenia Polymers people working to find innovative solutions that consistently and reliably achieve the high standards customers demand.