Job description / Role
Reporting into the Marketing & Communications Director, the Media Planning & Buying Lead is responsible for leading the development and implementation of media strategy and translating these strategies into innovative media recommendations and plans.
The role holder will shape and execute effective advertising campaigns as well as evaluates culture sector projects, brand and campaign goals and then effectively plans audience communication strategies.
This position is based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• Identify and lead the most appropriate media for building awareness to enhance the Culture Sector and its initiatives
• Analyse data, create and design innovative strategies to make sure Culture Sector marketing campaigns reach their target audience in the most effective way possible
• Ensure that media objectives, strategies and executional guidelines are clearly communicated
• Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to optimisation and planning and buying decisions
• Review and analyse multiple sources of external data to assist in planning and buying decisions.
• Utilise both online and traditional data sources
• Create or recommend certain media strategies to attract and retain customers, increase the our brand recognition, and maintain and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Review and negotiate the best deals for the campaign to keep within the budget
• Work cross-functionally with the team at all levels
• Support to increase visibility of media expertise
• Bachelor’s degree holder
• Strong track record in both a media planning and buying role
• Experience developing advertising and marketing strategies
• Experience developing sales and direct response strategies
• Mass media tactics and landscape
• Experience in the leisure, tourism or related industry
About the Company
The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi regulates, develops and promotes the emirate of Abu Dhabi as an extraordinary global destination, rich in cultural authenticity, diverse natural offerings, world-class hospitality and unparalleled leisure and entertainment attractions for every type of traveller.
Fully aligned with the core tenets of Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 and the Abu Dhabi Plan, DCT Abu Dhabi contributes to the nation’s economic diversification, working closely with stakeholders and partners to market Abu Dhabi both locally and internationally.
In collaboration with multiple stakeholders, we are able to nurture and cultivate a community that recognises, respects and preserves local heritage and values, attract national and international investment in our key tourism segments, increase visitation metrics to the emirate and also stimulate growth by building an appealing yet distinctive tourism and cultural destination.
As the organisation tasked with tourism regulation as well as cultural and heritage preservation, our goals are to implement a holistic tourism strategy that benefits visitors and residents alike.
|Abu Dhabi||8 Oct|
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Etisalat - UAE
|Abu Dhabi||25 Oct|
PR & Marketing Manager
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
|Abu Dhabi||22 Oct|
Social Media Manager
A Leading Advertising Agency in the UAE