Job description / Role
• Contribute to the revenue growth of Empire Group via the generation of revenue from both new and existing clients.
• Generate new clients through prospecting, networking and lead generation.
• Actively build and manage a personal network of client contacts in order to develop a strong new business pipeline.
• Generate new business from existing clients, through nurturing those relationships.
• Successfully manage the business development process by establishing effective and compelling pitches and proposals for all new clients.
• Ensure the effective and efficient closing of all client deals and the timely collection of payments.
• Report on sales activity weekly, and at times daily
• Develop and manage your own project pipeline.
• Achievement against monthly revenue target
• Number of client proposals sent out per week and the proportion of these that convert into sales
• Number of phone calls per week
• Number of client meetings per week
• Turn-around time on media plans
• Nurture client relationships, ensuring a high standard of service and client satisfaction.
• Gain a thorough understanding of your client’s business in order to fully understand their media planning requirements.
• Provide rapid and thorough media solutions recommendations.
• Ensure that all client projects are implemented in a prompt, rigorous and thorough manner.
• Actively seek feedback from clients and identify opportunities to deliver improved service.
• Turnaround time from initial client contact to submission of the media proposal.
• Proportion of new clients that become ongoing accounts.
• Client feedback.
• Degree educated
• Post-graduate qualifications and/or certificates
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a sales role is required.
• Track record of achieving personal revenue targets.
• Structured approach to successfully managing a sales pipeline.
• Telephone and face-to-face sales experience
• Some specialism in at least one area of media sales (e.g. radio, outdoor etc.)
• References that can verify past success both as a team member as well as meeting sales targets
• Direct media selling experience (end-user rather than agency sales)
• A strong network of existing and potential new clients would be considered highly advantageous
• Adept at new lead generation
• Confidence to covert clients leads to new business opportunities
• Excellent and compelling telephone manner
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to close deals effectively and efficiently
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ability to understand the clients’ needs and convert these into solutions
• Ability to operate as part of a close-knit team
• Ability to thrive under pressure
• High attention to detail
• Previous experience working with media planning software
• Strong MS Office skills
• Strong awareness of ongoing targets therefore comfortable working under pressure
• A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to take the initiative
• Persistent, resilient and self-disciplined
• Ability to manage their own time
• Commercially focused and driven
• Drive and determination to develop client relationships at various levels
• Hunger for knowledge and a constant desire to learn
• Flexible to sometimes work outside of normal working hours in order to meet client needs.
• Comfortable with the concept that the Empire Group culture is that of a small and entrepreneurial business
• A positive and optimistic outlook
• Belief and willingness to do whatever it takes to delight a client
• Excited by the opportunity to be a part of a small, dynamic and growing business and contribute to its success
• Motivated by the opportunity to meet and exceed personal revenue targets and be rewarded accordingly
• Thrives on the thrill of the chase
• Keen to develop through the business, which would be dependent upon success.
About the Company
Dubai’s world-class marketing agency working across industries, with start-ups to blue chip corporates, empire partners with a diverse range of organizations.
Empire is a dynamic and agile strategic and creative team founded on experience, diversity and passion. We work with a variety of clients across the Middle East, building and maintaining brand reputation to facilitate the best possible return on your marketing investment. We have partnered up with international brand agency, HKLM, and co-deliver world class solutions as one of the leaders in the fields of design and advertising solutions across Dubai and the UAE.