Job description / Role
A new opportunity has come up with a large medical facility in Abu Dhabi. Our client is urgently looking for a Medical Arabic Translator. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Translating police reports, medical reports from English to Arabic and Vice versa
• Simultaneous translation among patient and care givers, doctors, nurses and concerned staff
• Maintaining records and confidentiality of records and information
• Participating in on call coverage to provide interpretation/translation services during non-business hours and business hours as assigned
• Demonstrating customer focus when interacting with internal or external customers of the facility
• Maintaining confidentiality in all matters related to patient care and issues involving non-English speaking patients/families/escorts
• Providing escort services and related informational services to patients and families as required; walking or directing patients and their entourages through the system as required
• Assisting the patient during their appointments and any other post appointment matters as well
• Maintaining positive working relationships within the department/section and between various facility departments
• Maintaining confidentiality with regards to any information exchanged or received in the current capacity of role in accordance with facility policy
• Performing a variety of interpretation and translation services to assist non-English speaking
• Assisting the non-English speaking patients with cross-cultural orientation to understand the nuances of medical care systems
• Providing verbal and written communication between health care providers
• Articulating and documenting information accurately to convey patient’s questions, concerns and ensuring messages are consistent with risk management directives
• Providing and maintaining required documentation as required
• Performing other related duties incidental to the work or as per the instructions by the manage
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
• Must be fluent in Arabic and English (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
• Strong experience in simultaneous translation of medical matters both verbally and in written form
• Must have worked in a large medical facility, rehabilitation center or hospital environment
• Must have worked as a medical translator for at least 2 years
• Willing to work for 10 hours shift for 5 days in a week
• Must have good customer service skills, energetic, pleasing and accommodating
• Must be able to join immediately or less than a month.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.