Job description / Role
Dragon Recruiting has a fantastic opportunity for Medical Coders to work with one of the prestigious healthcare organization in UAE.
Dragon Recruiting is an International Recruitment and HR Consultants with two corporate offices in London and Dubai and over 50 representative offices across 8 regions of the world.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Medical coding specialists work on the financial and technical side of the medical industry, coding claims for reimbursements and dealing with insurance billing.
• They need a certificate or associate's degree for entry-level positions. They also have a number of options for certification if they choose.
• Medical coding specialists work in hospitals, clinics and physicians' offices to obtain accurate reimbursement for healthcare claims.
• They utilize specialized medical classification software to assign procedure and diagnosis codes for insurance billing.
• Coders also review claims data to ensure that assigned codes meet required legal and insurance rules and that required signatures and authorizations are in place prior to submission.
• If a claim is denied due to incorrect coding, the coding specialist conducts medical records research and corresponds with insurance companies and healthcare professionals to resolve the issue.
• Medical coding specialists generally complete a program leading to a certificate or associate's degree in medical coding, health information technology or another closely related field.
• Typical coursework includes classes in medical terminology; basic and advanced ICD-9-CM coding; anatomy and physiology; computer data entry; and medical law, privacy and ethics.
• CPC candidates might benefit from advanced courses in Healthcare Common Procedure Coding Systems (HCPCS), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding and healthcare reimbursement methods.
• Excellent benefits as per company policy
• 2 years of experience as a medical coder and the successful passage of an exam.
• An associate's degree in medical coding or a related field is recommended but is not required for certification.
• Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder and Certified Professional Medical Auditor certifications.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.