Job description / Role
The Medical Head of Rehabilitation is a Senior Physician who will be responsible for directing the overall functions of Rehabilitation Services; i.e. coordinates and supervises operations of the department. Provides specialist consultation, direct patient care and is directly responsible for the medical care of hospital patients assigned to Rehabilitation Services
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of all rehabilitation services modalities.
- Provide medical oversight, expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of quality rehabilitation services.
- Maintain efficient and effective department operation and ensure compliance with all international and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Develop the strategy and implementation of innovative clinical/rehabilitation programs that include collaboration with strategic business partners
- Develop comprehensive plans for post-acute and long-term rehabilitation.
- Medical degree from accredited medical school
- Completed training in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R)
Experience Required in addition to the Qualifications mentioned above (Relevant to the Job):
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Rehabilitation Senior Consultant Position
- Preferred clinical experience in post acute setting
Additional Requirements / Remarks:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Organization and leadership skills
- Fluency in written and oral English
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.