Job description / Role
• Applications are invited for the post of Medical Research Specialist 1 under the Office for Research and Graduate Studies at College of Medicine and Health Sciences. United Arab Emirates University.
• The successful applicant will be a full-time staff member and will participate in research and administrative activities.
Standard Duties of the Post
• This successful applicant will be involved with the day-to-day running of the research laboratory, training of graduate and undergraduate students.
• They will also be involved in research projects, data collection, data management, grant management and the preparation of initial manuscripts and other outputs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute significantly to the research projects within the department.
• Conduct and execute various research experiments and statistical analysis of experimental data.
• Carry out administrative and management work associated with laboratory research grants and publications.
• Assist in the training of graduate and undergraduate students on specific laboratory techniques relevant to their projects.
• Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or a relevant scientific field
• Masters degree PLUS 3-4 years' experience, and or PhD in last 1-2 years
• Experience managing laboratory research grants
• Preparing and editing publications
• Training undergraduate and graduate students
• Theoretical knowledge in cellular and molecular biology and stem cell biology
• Experience in performing cell biology and biochemical laboratory techniques
• Experience performing molecular biology techniques including PCR, RNA preparation/extraction and gel electrophoresis
• Ability to read, comprehend and discuss research data and articles
• Knowledge of safe laboratory practices
• Knowledge of computer and word processing/database/spreadsheet software.
• Good organization and time management skills
• Good oral and written communication and training skills
• Ability to perform basic mathematical and statistical analysis
• Proficiency in English
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.