Job description / Role
Responsible for performing a variety of complex technical tasks related to the daily operations of the research laboratory. Provide leadership and work closely with other clinical faculty and research staff.
* Sets up, and conducts experiments, tests, and other scientific procedures without supervision; prepares any compounds or chemicals needed; collects and collates data from procedures.
* Performs preliminary analysis of data from scientific procedures; collates data into publishable form; performs calculations; creates graphic displays of data analysis.
* Enters data into computerized system; maintains and updates files and databases.
* Monitors and maintains physical condition of laboratory.
* Maintains inventory of supplies; reorders as necessary.
* Maintains lab equipment; performs minor repairs.
* Troubleshoot simple experimental problems.
* Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
* Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or a relevant scientific field OR Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology.
* Appropriate research/thesis-based Master's degree PLUS 3-5 years experience.
* PhD degree
* Previous research experience in an academic unit
* Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to lead and improve the operation of immediate work group.
* Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of laboratory testing and analysis.
* Knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
* Knowledge of laboratory equipment operation and terminology.
* Knowledge of computer and word processing/database/spreadsheet software.
* Good organization and time management skills.
* Good oral and written communication and training skills.
* Ability to maintain accurate records regarding events, outcomes, and the associated data.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical and statistical computation and analysis
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Proficiency in English.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Medical Research Specialist 1
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||27 Aug|
Application Specialist - Medical Imaging
Product Specialist / Medical Sales Representative
Excelsior Group ME
Science / Biology Teacher
The First Academy
Sales Executive (Medical)
Al Zahrawi Medical Supplies
|Abu Dhabi||25 Sep|