Job description / Role
Medical Research Specialist I (Genome Lab. Technologist)
• Perform procedures within the lab, operate and maintain all equipment necessary to carry out these procedures.
• Operate and maintain all equipment necessary to carry out these procedures
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skill level of all relevant procedures
• Participate in development and method evaluation
• Conform to all laboratory safety regulations, and follow specific instructions of the designated safety officer
• Perform additional duties to ensure the efficient functioning of the laboratory (e.g. cleaning equipment, maintaining solutions/supplies, keeping a clean and safe work place)
• Participate in the quality assurance program (e.g. routine QA activities of the laboratory, review of procedures, and timely reporting of discrepancies and incidents)
• Perform procedures within the laboratory in accordance with protocol and licensing regulations
• Recognize the need for additional procedures and performs tests as required
• Identify technical problems or unusual test results and take appropriate corrective action
• Current registration as active medical lab technologist and license in relevant disciplines or equivalent qualifications
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience Demonstrated team work, initiative, and customer service skills
• Accuracy and precision in performing laboratory procedures
• Ability to organize workload, and good work habits
• Professionalism and ability to exercise good judgment
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.