Job description / Role
The applicant should be responsible for assisting faculty members & students in practical and research experiments by providing technical support and training. This is a technical work that consists in performing a variety of tasks related to a research laboratory's daily operations. This position requires an intuitive team player reporting to faculty members, willingly assuming responsibility with foresight, highly motivated, demonstrates excellence in problem-solving and time management.
- Management of PI's laboratory, including organization, equipment maintenance, consumables inventories, ordering and procurement of laboratory supplies and consumables.
- Carry out experiments, perform data analysis, including the statistical analysis, and be involved in the interpretation and oral and written communication of the results.
- Participate in the training and supervision of graduate and undergraduate students and assist in exams invigilation.
- Be responsible for the technical development, maintenance and troubleshooting of all laboratory equipment.
- Ensure that the best and safe laboratory practices are followed.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks
- Maintenance of animal colony and independently conduct animal experiments involving minor surgery, injections, blood and organs collection.
- Conduct experiments involving tissue culture and related assays like cell viability.
- Conduct experiments involving general biochemistry and molecular biology techniques including RNA extraction, PCR, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, and ELISA
- Master's degree in a relevant biomedical discipline.
- PhD would be preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years of laboratory-based research experience in an academic or research institution setting.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Medical Research Specialist I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||3 Feb|
Lab Technician - Molecular Biology
Senior Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||9 Mar|
Medical Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||9 Mar|
NGS Molecular Biology Technologist