Job description / Role
Providing technical and teaching support for Anatomy faculty members and medical students.
Reports to: Chair - Anatomy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of dissected and cadaveric specimens for academic staff and medical students for practical sessions in Gross Anatomy
- Regular treatment of isolated human specimens with preserving solutions and housekeeping
- Daily maintenance of cold room in hygienic state
- Regular treatment of dissected materials to ensure that anatomy specimens remain in good condition
- Keeping records of cadavers, models, dissected and plastinated materials used for teaching.
- Ensure that Dissecting Room facilities are maintained in good and hygienic condition
- Setting up Gross Anatomy materials (cadavers, prosected) required for each Gross Anatomy class.
- Providing Gross Anatomy specimens and Audiovisual facilities for medical students during revision sessions
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Master of Science in Anatomy or Morphological Sciences and/or
- Diploma in Anatomical Pathology Technology
- 3-4 years of experience
- Knowledge of Gross Anatomy
- Experience in handling cadavers and dissected materials
- Experience in embalming cadavers
- Experience in laboratory work
- Proficiency in English
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.