This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
Currie & Brown has a range of opportunities across its Middle East offices and is currently looking for a suitably qualified MEP cost manager for various projects in Dubai.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Providing accurate cost advice and reporting to our clients
- Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
- Assuming a leading role in setting objectives and priorities, working as a proactive team player
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Undertaking commercial management services with limited supervision
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurately and timely manner
- Providing support to the team leader/service leaders in cost management of projects
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner
- BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Sri Lankan national
- A minimum of 5 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
- Strong pre- and post-contract experience
- Experience of working within an MEP contractor’s estimating department
- Competent in pricing all aspects of MEP from first principles
- Strong BIM experience preferred but not essential
- Middle East experience
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the worlds leading asset management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in North America, Central America, Europe, the Middle East, India and the Far East.