Job description / Role
• Work with the Engineer to understand the project specifications, approved material submittals and design architectural, structural and MEP drawings.
• Prepare shop drawings for MEP services as per instructions from the Engineer.
• Check for latest design drawings issued for construction, approved/ latest architectural and
• Structural shop drawings, approved/ latest material information/ shop drawings from supplier/specialist and as-built conditions before undertaking shop drawings.
• Ensure shop drawing compliance with regulatory standards and requirements.
• Coordinate information and drawings with relevant draftsmen preparing shop drawings for other services/ combined services/ ID services to ensure coordinated approach.
• Escalate discrepancies or queries on the issued drawings/ material information to the Engineer when preparing shop drawings and ensures resolution to complete shop drawing preparation.
• Incorporate review comments of the Engineer to prepare final shop drawings for main contractor’s/ consultant’s approval.
• Review main contractor’s/ consultant’s comments on the submitted shop drawings and revises the drawings as per instruction from the Engineer for final submission.
• Checks for latest update of input drawings and material information and change instructions if any and incorporates in revised shop drawings.
• Identify changes/ additions to scope of MEP services based on comments on shop drawings and inform the Engineer for appropriate notifications.
• Modify/ change shop drawings as per instructions and comments till approval is received from the consultants.
• Modify/ change/ update shop drawings post-approval based on subsequent change instructions and feedback from the construction team after due verification by the Engineer.
• Attend technical discussions with consultants and liaise with them for approval of shop drawings.
• Supervise and guide junior draftsmen in preparing shop drawings by providing technical and engineering inputs.
• Change/ modify the shop drawings based on as-built markings of actual installation on site provided by the construction team and prepares as-built drawings for consultant’s approval after due verification by the Engineer.
• Modify/ change as-built drawings as per instructions and comments till approval is received from the consultants.
• Identify changes/ additions to scope of MEP services based on markings and comments and informs the Engineer for appropriate notifications.
• Attend technical discussions with consultants and liaise with them for approval of as-built drawings.
• The candidate shall have Associate's Degree/ Diploma/ Technical Training in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD).
• The candidate shall have certification/ proficiency/ experience in AutoCAD drafting software.
• The candidate shall have high school certificate/ bachelor degree with technical training.
• The candidate shall have 8 to 10 years of total experience (min. 6 years in Gulf countries) in design/ drafting of MEP/ Mechanical/ Electrical services of building projects/ fitout works in restaurants/ kitchens/ public areas.
• The candidate shall have working knowledge/ experience of design documentation and communication with the project manager/ consultants/ contractors.
• The candidate shall have working knowledge of Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/ / Email software.
• Diploma in Engineering in relevant discipline shall be an advantage.
• Certification/ proficiency/ experience in Revit MEP/ BIM shall be an advantage.
About the Company
After completing his engineering studies in the U.S. in 1971 Mr. Abdullah Ahmed Almoosa laid the foundation of the Group through an architectural engineering firm. It is now grown into a leading family owned diverse business group as one of the top ten leading family owned groups of Dubai. The Group is more popularly known as ARENCO GROUP from its architectural practice which carries that name.
The Group’s diverse business interests include:
An architectural engineering consultancy and interior design practice Real estate leasing of owned premium apartments, villas, commercial offices, warehousing, staff accommodation, etc. throughout Dubai Hotel apartments operations of owned assets Furniture trading Car rental and leasing Laundry operations Manufacture of mattresses, beds Manufacture of energy saving lamps Joinery operations
Over four decades of experience and a qualified team of experts enable the A. A. Al Moosa Group to offer services that ensure the highest standards of quality and perfection.
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
HVAC Design Engineer/Draftsman
Shahrayar Air Conditioning
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
CAD Draftsman / Designer