Job description / Role
Project: This is an opportunity to work on a large hospitality project in one of the emirates of the UAE.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing of consultant and contractor designs.
• Providing input into all aspects of the procurement process including preparation of briefs and bid documentation, prequalification of consultants/ contractors, and the bid/ appointment process.
• Providing input into the development of the MEP schedule and reviewing contractor submissions.
• Managing technical coordination meetings with consultants, contractors, and utility providers.
• Reviewing of pre-construction documentation provided by the contractor including shop drawings, material/ equipment submittals and samples, quality plans, and method statements.
• Reviewing of construction progress including programme and quality control/ auditing.
• Reviewing of all testing and commissioning activities and liaison with the independent commissioning authority.
• Dealing with development of project MEP close out strategy and review of documentation such as record drawings and O&M manuals provided by the contractor.
• Supporting the commercial team in the valuation of works, change control, or claims.
• Assisting in the production of project reports.
• Reporting to the project director.
• Supporting bidding and securing new work.
• You hold a bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Building Services Engineering; a minimum of 20 years of industry experience and have held a similar role for at least 5 years
• Discipline-specific professional registration preferred (CIBSE, IMechE, MEIT, PMI), you will manage and supervise others effectively
• Gives clear direction, coaches and supports others to reach their full potential
• Persuade and influence others successfully towards a desired course of action
• Demonstrate a better perspective and explore innovative approaches in pursuit of a better way;
• Utilise new technology and helps others to adapt; present clearly and communicates effectively, in a confident manner, with their audience in mind and understand how the business operates and proactively search for opportunities.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.