Job description / Role
• Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies/tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
• Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
• Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
• Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
• Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
• Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
• Design scale or full-size blueprints of specialty items, such as furniture and automobile body or chassis components.
• Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
• Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
• Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
• Draw freehand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy machines.
• Supervise and train other drafters, technologists, and technicians.
• Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
• Shade or color drawings to clarify and emphasize details and dimensions and eliminate background, using ink, crayon, airbrush, and overlays.
• Use AC Design Tools & share all experiences with the team.
• Shop drawings
• As built drawings & its requirements
• Follow up for materials & drawings
• Perform any other duties within the project requirement & Senior MEP instructions (documentation/following up with vendors of project parties)
• Minimum of 7 years proven experience as MEP Draftsman
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering
• Keen to details and able to meet deadline
• Hands-on experience with MS Office and MS Excel
• Must be fluent in both Arabic and English
About the Company
Al Reem International Construction encompass all areas of Civil Engineering, Fit-out & MEP, Health Care and Piling, delivered through skilled Engineers working together to make a great design project.
Al Reem works closely with clients to ensure that projected designs match their needs and are functional, safe and economical. Al Reem has a wide range of Electromechanical and Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Solutions to fit your needs.
Al Reem carried out the entire piling function by the combine supervision and assistance of Structural Engineers, Mechanical Engineers. We have the pleasure to introduce ourselves as a growing Hospital Civil and MEP service providing company. We have strong business connections, providing solutions and services to major corporate business entities in U.A.E.