Job description / Role
Parsons International, Dubai
MEP Engineer - Parkways and Fairways
• Review and understand electrical and mechanical scope of works including design drawings and construction supervision tasks and all related specifications.
• Understand the MEP Builders Work Requirement.
• Review of all related MEP including Electrical FAS, LV, HV. Mechanical - HVAC (Heating Venting and Air conditioning). Plumbing - pipes, fixtures & fittings; water supply/distribution, and waste removal. Common types of Mechanical and Electrical System use in MEP.
• Attend meeting with the PMC, Consultant and Client for coordination and workshop meetings.
• Coordinate and liaise between the Electrical and other Subcontractors. Communication and interfacing between structural, architectural, electrical, procurement and any other services to ensure the proper technical execution of project works as per the requirement of the Client and the obligations of the Contractor.
• Identify problems in design.
• Review the shop drawings and ensure the timely approval progress as per agreed schedules.
• Plan, organize review and evaluate the work of contractor and others.
• Completion of required reports and reporting to management as per company’s systems and procedures for the successful execution of the project and achieving company’s goals.
• Provide technical advice to staff designer, supervisor, inspector and contractor, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System.
• Analyze mechanical, electrical and /or plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
• Prepare and deliver effective oral presentation whenever required.
• Perform other related duties as may be required.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 8-10 years of experience in construction supervision of the MEP aspects of infrastructure projects such as parkways, fairways, public areas, roads, utilities etc.
• Preferably with related work experience in Dubai, UAE, or GCC in an engineering consulting firm.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.