Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East is currently looking for a Inspector - MEP to act as an Independent Engineering Consultant to ensure the Contractor's compliance with the Employer's requirements (contract documents, drawings, specifications, standards, local authorities' requirements) with regards to the Port, buildings and Infrastructure expansion and upgrading MEP works (electrical, , mechanical, plumbing, potable water, fire-fighting, drainage, stormwater etc) and required MEP installations for Port equipment (Cranes, RTGs, service workshop, fuel etc).
Your new role, what's involved?
* Review project documents that include, methodology, quality assurance, control procedures, engineering and construction time schedule.
* Review and provide necessary comments on Contractor's technical submittals such as design, specifications, drawings, calculations, method statements, TPIs, risk assessments etc. for compliance with Employer's Requirements, Authority Requirements, End-User Requirements, Local and International Standards
* Oversee/inspect site construction work on a daily basis, witness tests, identify non-compliance to construction documentation, and recommend corrective measures.
* Coordinate on a daily basis with the Team Leader and other team members to verify, document and report the quality issues of work performed by the Contractor and provide/suggest corrective actions.
* Process (review and comment) the incoming correspondence.
* Monitor progress, record, and identify risks and potential delays and provide/suggest solutions.
* Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports (in English) with details of the observed works, quality, progress (fabrication and construction), testing of components, status of materials procurement/delivered to site.
* Ensure high quality of works during the service, strict compliance with the Employer's Requirements, Projects Specifications and HSE Requirements
* Assessment of the Contractor's compliance to the quality management system as specified in the latest applicable standards. Any non-conformity found shall also be reported.
* Evaluate Contractor's personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors
* Participate in project construction meetings if required.
* Assist in resolution of construction problems.
* Analyze value engineering proposals.
* Coordinate with other team members.
* Coordinate and liaise with Port operator(s) and stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BEng /BSc (Hons) in in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from accredited university.
* Member of/working towards associated Professional body membership will be preferred.
* At least
* 3+ years experience in construction and supervision of MEP works with a proven successful track record
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal and technical skills.
* The ability to problem solving and use initiative to analyse and respond appropriately to a situation.
* Excellent knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment employed in building, infrastructure and facilities construction and maintenance in the field of MEP works as related to Port equipment, facilities and infrastructure.
* Excellent knowledge of Port, Municipality, Civil Defence, and other local Authorities' requirements and international standards (NFPA, ISPS, ASTM, BS)
* Excellent knowledge in MEP systems (Port equipment, mechanical works, pump station, surface water, potable water, power, BMS, Fire Fighting, etc.).
* Good knowledge in electrical works.
* Must be able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
* Member of/working towards associated Professional body membership will be preferred
* History of working with an international engineering consultancy and prior experience in site supervision roles.
* Excellent computer/software skills (MS Office, AutoCAD).
* Excellent leadership and communication skills.
* Accuracy & precision of work.
* Must have good presentation skills.
* Good problem solving skills.
* Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
* Accountability for assigned work
* Saudi National will be considered for this role
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.