Job description / Role
Mechanical , Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) building services can account for up to 60% of the fit out works within a retail unit and is becoming more complex as a result of technological advances. One of the key factures in late completion / openings of the Retail units are the MEP services installation, testing and commissioning, each MEP discipline requires to be completed along with the applicable authorities certification approvals prior to the unit opening. The MEP services require full coordination with the MEP infrastructure services which must be planned, executed and managed from conception through to completion / handover.
The MEP Services are the heart of the retail units operations providing essential services such as but not limited to: Power, Water, Air Conditioning, and life safety systems.
The Client / developer requires an ‘in house’ MEP building services management facility to ensure that the services within the asset property are designed, procured, managed, installed, tested, commissioned and handed over for the facility management team to maintain efficiently without compromising the operation of the Asset.
• Manage, deliver and offer solutions for the MEP services, to ensure that the smooth operations within the retail design management
• Review MEP design drawings submissions in association with the RDD Support MEP Consultants
• Assisting the RDDT eam for the MEP engineering within the department whilst empowering the team to deliver
• Assisting the RDD Team with the Project management delivery team in relation to technical MEP services relating to the retail side of the business
• Assisting with the Coordination and preparation of MEP specific information relating tithe Retail units with Asset management and facility management divisions of the business
• Manage stakeholder relationships at all levels for the delivery of the MEP engineering within the Retail development of the group businesses
• Assist with identifying a strategy for delivery of MEP engineering within a Retail unit development from concept design to completion including engineering consultants, contractors and specialist suppliers
• Provide regular feedback with regards to progress of the retail units at various stages of the design and construction including status and risk and recommendations with respect to any mitigation measures that maybe required
• Assist with an Evaluation of completed projects to establish whether the objectives were achieved and consolidate the information to ensure future project do not experience any shortfall that may have arisen
• Review of MEP LOD and advice for any short falls. Conducts preliminary surveys of the site and advice of any Discrepancies between the LOD and the site installation by the base built contractor. Prepare reports depicting the condition, deficiencies observed, designs necessary and advise the landlord accordingly
• Inspects materials, workmanship, and mechanical and electrical installations for conformance to standards and specifications
• Conduct periodic inspections of work in progress and advises construction supervisors and contractors on implementation of standards and specifications
• Discuss, plans and specifications along with work schedules with contractors and resolve issues/challenges associated within the project
• Prepare and maintain records of progress, changes, delays, and other pertinent factors affecting Retail Units
• Conduct site coordination meetings with the contractor / consultants and involved stake holders
• Issue Site observation reports to various stake holders
• Monitor the progress of MEP works of the unit based on the mile stone and advises the landlord for any delays
• Attend meetings & Issue Progress tracker report to the landlord along with Authority tracker report
• Coordinate and liaise with contractor and the relevant Authority for fast approvals
• Highlight any risk associated with the unit to the landlord in advance
MEP Engineer service deliverables present the following:
The following elements for the Mechanical, electrical and public health include, but not limited to:
• Air conditioning and chilled water system including Equipment
• Mechanical ventilation for general & foul exhaust
• Fresh air system
• Kitchen extracts treatment system
• Emergency smoke extracts system
• Domestic water system
• Drainage system including condensate, soil, waste & kitchen waste
• Fire protection system including sprinklers, FHRs, lnergent systems
• LP gas system including leak detection system
• Building Management System
• Security system
• LV Electrical system for lighting & power
• Emergency & exit lighting system
• Fire detection & Alarm system
• Power and containment for IT data, security, access control, public address, personnel-location and call services, telephone systems
• Cause & Effect and interfacing of all life safety systems to landlord systems
• TVR management in totality
• Liaise with local authorities in case of queries on tenant design
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include: Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation; we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
• Participate in meetings to discuss issues and status
• Review and determine daily priorities
• Seek authorization when required
• Seek performance feedback
• Escalate issues through chain of command
• Establish priorities
• Seek and provide information
• Seek clarification regarding agreed terms and conditions with merchant
• Define scope of works in preparation of tenancy
• Track activities to ensure tenancy is handed over to lessee by deadline
• Discuss issues
• Liaise with Centre Management to coordinate works and costs
• Discuss and coordinate issues
• Report status in Retail Design Management meetings on each asset
• Track activities to ensure tenancy is handed over to lessee by deadline
• Detail lessor and merchant requirements and lease terms and conditions
• Assist billing tenants for works
• Coordinate and obtain final lease plan for Retail Design Management
• Confirm lease terms and conditions
• Discuss merchant issues
• Handover tenancy to merchant/s and or tenant Authorized Representative (TAR)
• Assist billing tenants for TVR works
• Liaise with the lessee and the local municipality to seek permits and approval for works within associated with tenancy
• Resolve issues impacting with the centre
• Coordinate quotations with contractors
• Project manager works with contractors for tenancies
• Manage Health & Safety
• Collect certificates for trade
• Experience in Electrical /Mechanical engineering. University degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
• Computer Literate–Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Project.
• Technical competence in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Services
• Experience in Design, and contracting works
• Ideally experience in retail project management of buildings and facilities of similar project
• Effective communication skills
• Experience in working within a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
• Knowledge of complete MEP services starting from Design, construction to handover of retail units.
• Understanding of kitchen extract, LPG, Building Management Systems, IT and Cause& Effect
• Knowledge of the engineering principles and practices along with standards, codes, and regulations pertaining to the retail units.
• Knowledge of modern material, methods, and techniques of design, construction, installation, and commissioning of Retail units.
• Knowledge of local building codes, standards, inspection and investigation techniques.
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• 22 calendar day’s annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).