Job description / Role
Project: To work on a regeneration scheme for a large mixed-use development that will host entertainment and sporting events.
Responsible for all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) scope of work from concept to project completion. Preference is for candidates to have Stadia experience or worked on major programmes before.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing of consultant and contractor designs.
• Providing input into all aspects of the procurement process including preparation of briefs and bid documentation, prequalification of consultants/ contractors, and the bid/ appointment process.
• Providing input into the development of MEP schedule and reviewing contractor submissions.
• Managing technical coordination meetings with consultants, contractors, and utility providers.
• Reviewing of pre-construction documentation provided by the contractor including shop drawings, material/ equipment submittals and samples, quality plans, and method statements.
• Reviewing of construction progress including programme and quality control/ auditing.
• Reviewing of all testing and commissioning activities and liaison with the independent commissioning authority.
• Dealing with development of project MEP close out strategy and review of documentation such as record drawings and O&M manuals provided by the contractor.
• Supporting the commercial team in the valuation of works, change control and claims.
• Assisting in the production of project reports.
• Reporting to the project manager and MEP director.
• You have the ability to manage multiple MEP works packages in parallel
• Have knowledge of all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
• You hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Building Services Engineering
• Minimum of 8 year’s industry experience and have held a similar role for at least 3 years, discipline-specific professional registration preferred (CIBSE, IMechE, MEIT, PMI)
• Preference to have a stadium or large programme project experience
• Demonstrate a better perspective and explores innovative approaches in pursuit of a better way
• Utilise new technology and helps others to adapt, present clearly and communicate effectively, in a confident manner, with their audience in mind, understand how the business operates and proactively searches for opportunities.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MEP Manager - Rail/Metro
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
Senior MEP Project Engineer
MEP/ Infra Project Manager
Senior MEP Manager