Job description / Role
The key responsibility includes handling efficiently all the procurement activities related to HVAC, Plumbing, Drainage, Fire Fighting, Electrical, ELV System, Spare parts, Consumables etc.
Responsibilities of Procurement Engineers (Mechanical / Electrical / MEP ) includes:
• To procure equipment, materials & systems complying to project Quality and Specification requirements.
• To procure materials and subcontract in timely manner within approved budgeted cost.
• Prior to ordering, to check all ex-stock availability in central stores and sub stores.
• To ensure timely delivery of equipment, material & systems to support site installation works as per approved work program
• All procurement process should comply to management approved procedures and policies with respect to time, cost and quality.
• Prepare documentation for internal process as per ISO Standards.
• Excess materials from sites shall be returned back to central stores on monthly basis.
• Develop and maintain good relationship with suppliers and subcontractors.
• Maintain company reputation & credibility by fair dealings and prompt payment.
To be considered for this position you must have a minimum of 5 years experience of which 2 years in the field of materials and services procurement for construction contracts. Previous on-site experience in a Middle Eastern country. The ability to deal with customs clearance agents, government departments and local transport contractors is a necessary skill. Must be able to exercise budgetary control of local purchase systems and deal effectively with suppliers.
Candidates should have a degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
Procurement Engineer - Mechanical/Electrical
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Mechanical Engineer - Fit Out
Ignite Search & Selection
Schindler Pars International Limited