MEP Project Engineer
TXM Recruit - Dubai (TXM Labour Supply)
Job description / Role
To manage all Engineering requirements per the relevant scope requirements, ensuring that all statutory, consultants, local authorities approvals and guidelines are adhered to and that all procurement/material/material submittals are in line with the overall requirements of the contract and Draughting and Engineering is resourced/managed.
- Ensure that all contract specifications and guidelines are adhered to at all times during the commencement/construction/hand-over periods of the project
- Ensure that material submittals are issued with the relevant consultant's requirements and that they are submitted in a format that indicates compliance with specifications and country of origin. A register must be put in place and maintained at all times
- Ensure that all Method Statements & Risk Assessments are in line with company HSE/QA-QC procedures and suit the appointed Consultants' requirements This information must also be recorded on a usable platform
- Make sure that all compliance statements, testing and commissioning, spares, warranties and delivery period requirements are upheld at all times
- Manage a procurement/long lead item schedule in tandem with your line managers indicating delivery dates and the status of the pending material/s deliveries and follow-up delivery dates while recording any issues which may impact program delivery
- Control the dissemination of contractual documents (drawings/contracts/specifications) – usable drawings and information must be issued to the relevant site team members to be able to carry out works per the specifications and contract requirements within the time frame of the program. Changes to the scope of work must be forwarded to the Commercial Team immediately
- Manage the Drafting team on site and ensure all drawings are checked and signed off prior to issuing to the relevant Consultants – a weekly record of Drafting output with a four-week look ahead and drawing submittal must be maintained at all times.
- Information and Engineering that is coordinated with offshore Draughting Teams must be accurate and detailed
Value Engineering and Planning must be applied to all facets of the contract, you will be required to produce/submit a VE document during your review.
- You will also be expected to carry out/manage full material take-offs and issue the relevant measurables in tandem with the SEs & CM’s and confirm compliance requirements are adhered to at all times
- Make sure that all Design, Engineering, and Installation details are checked for compliance, usability, and functionality and are in line with the overall design specifications and requirements.
- Make sure that Testing & Commissioning Requirements, Spares Requirements, Warranty, and Defect Liability Periods are recorded and agreed upon with the relevant suppliers before issuing PRs and releasing LPOs
- Assume responsibility for the progress of the works on-site to meet project timelines limited to the respective discipline
- Assume overall responsibility for installation quality for respective discipline
- Lead Site co-ordination to ensure efficient working services are achieved
- Co-ordinate appointment of required specialist sub-contractors and implement effective management tools to monitor progress properly
- Monitor all Engineering deliverables to ensure compliance with project timelines and pursue relevant parties for approvals
- Liaise with and attend any meetings deemed necessary with Main Contractor, Consultants, Clients, or other authorities
- Co-ordinate with relevant statutory authorities for installation approvals
- Identify and record any design changes that may lead to increased cost and time
Qualifications & Skills
- Selected at the discretion of Senior Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required with a minimum of 10 years experience
- Computer literate in MS Office, and with good experience in Revit
- Good knowledge of current MEP System Design techniques and technology
- Good negotiation skills and interpersonal
- Sound knowledge of local + international codes and standards
About the Company
TXM Labour Supply is an international recruitment and manpower company with a valid "on demand" labour licence.
Alongside recruitment we also provide clients with a complete business service, delivering HR, Payroll, Administration and Sponsorship support.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Unibuild Group of Companies
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy
Senior MEP Manager
Combined Group Contracting Company (CGC)