Job description / Role
Our client are one of the leading main contractors currently operating in the region. Due to recent project awards, they now have an immediate requirement for a MEP Project Manager to join this very successful delivery team.
Manage and administer the delivery of the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire protection works undertaken by package sub-contractors, in terms of proactively managing the key project content, coordination, and milestones including, planning, engineering, construction, commissioning and handover under limited supervision. Problem resolution, in advance of impact on the works and interface with other departments in the Construction Management Team
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
• Interface with a multi discipline project team, to advise the team and fully integrate and coordinate the MEP works into the overall construction process
• Manage and lead the MEP works sub-contractors acting as the facilitator between the contractors’ project team and the subcontract works and the sub-contract works and the contractors’ project team
• Coordinate the sub contract packages with the main contract works and other sub-contractors
• Instigate the planning of the sub contract works and review of progress against targets set
• Establish the project construction methodology with the subcontractor and the contractor’s project team
• Monitor the value engineering, design, sub-sub-contractor & material selection to ensure the requirements of the contract are met
• Monitor the drawings if any prepared by the sub-contractor are fully coordinated with the civil, architectural and other sub contract works and meet the programme and contract requirements
• Ensure that the works are installed in accordance with the drawings, specifications and other requirements of the contract
• Monitor progress of all aspects of the work to ensure completion on time. Notify the project team, client and sub-contractor of any delays to the works
• Meet regularly with the sub-contractors, client and professional team at site and social events to develop close business relationships
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that’s why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.