Job description / Role
- MEP services measurement support for pre-contract cost planning and estimating, BoQ production, tender services, contract preparation;
- Specialised in measurement of MEP systems, Mechanical, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Plumbing, Drainage, Electrical, Low Voltage, Vertical Transportation, etc.
- Provide measurement support for risk and value management and cost control functions;
- Undertaking measurement tasks to support cost analysis project work;
- Assist with drafting detailed progress/ cost reports;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Managing workload with minimal supervision;
- Support senior staff in commercial meetings.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Must have previous experience of Principles of Measurement (International) (POMI), experience of CESMM standard method of measurement preferred but not essential;
- Hotels/ Residential/ Commercial/ Healthcare/ Education experience advantageous;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering from recognised university;
- Min 5 years pre or post-contract experience;
- MRICS or enrolled on APC preferred but not essential;
- Must have consultant and/or contractor background for minimum of 2 years;
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is preferred, otherwise good working use of AutoCAD;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Team and /or independent worker;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
- Projects include but are not limited to, retail, residential healthcare, commercial, education and infrastructure.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).