Job description / Role
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced MEP Technical Manager, with mega project experience to lead the engineering team of a very well established MEP Contractor in Dubai, who have just been appointed to deliver the MEP Services on a multi-billion dollar project in Abu Dhabi.
This will be an office and/or project based role that will suit a strong manager with a strong technical MEP background. Key functions of this role will be managing consultants, pre tender works and effectively managing the design and drafting teams.
* Management of internal weekly/monthly engineering forecast and review meetings with Project Teams
* Participate in design meetings where necessary and provide continual input to optimize engineering/design delivery and ensure we minimize futile work.
* Assist in developing Design and Engineering Delivery Schedule along with on-site technical manager/engineers, client, Project Manager, Design Managers and consultants.
* Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
* Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with outsourced engineering firms.
* Assist Project Manager in incorporating onto D&C running sheet all internal and external design and cost issues.
* Manage distribution and production of project workload within teams.
* Collaborate on new design issues and research projects with team.
* Ensure projects and finished graphics are accurate and precise.
* Manage and maintain record keeping of engineering schedules and build files for all projects.
* Project prioritization of engineering, design, assignment and management to engineers/designers.
* Lead with effective supervision an experienced design/engineering teams toward greater creativity and efficiency.
* Evaluate and motivate engineers toward continued growth and leading engineering solutions.
* Participate in departmental strategic planning.
* Manage the tendering technical submissions team for major tenders
Full expat package provided, as part of the above salary. This is comprised of basic, accommodation and car allowances. Family visa, flights, medical & gratuity provided along with schooling, mobile, laptop and fuel card.
* Degree holder in Mechanical Engineering
* 10 - 15 years minimum experience in the Engineering/MEP Engineering field
* At least 5 years in Technical manager position
* MEP contracting experience preferable
* Mega project experience in Engineering Management Position
* Reporting line Operations Manager / General Manager
* Demonstrate a full understanding of the Design & Engineering management process for construction company
* Ability to lead the engineering teams in identifying re-engineering savings and incorporation of these within the engineering process
* Management and scheduling of Technical teams
* Management and scheduling of the cost of engineering output for business
* Management and scheduling of offshore and outsourced support companies
* Manage of the business BIM implementation
* Identify innovation within engineering supply chain and construct processes
About the Company
Energi People is a leading International recruitment agency specialising in providing human resource solutions for the Building Services and Structural Engineering industries. Having in-depth knowledge of the civil/structural and building services markets In the UK and Middle East, we are able to supply personnel at all levels to technical organisations on both a permanent and contract basis.
This is why we take the time to fully understand our customers' needs, allowing us to provide a truly tailored recruitment solution. At Energi People we believe in forging long term relationships with our customers, which is why quality, honesty and professionalism is embedded into everything we do.
Our aim is to add lasting value to our clients and candidates through the service we offer and as a result our customers return time and time again. With a combination of extensive market knowledge, recruitment expertise and wide network of industry contacts, Energi People is perfectly positioned to offer a high quality personnel recruitment service.
Head of MEP
Male Mep Project Director for a Leading Mep Contracting Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
MEP Project Manager - Short Term Role
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
General Manager - MEP
Technical Manager (MEPD)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)