Job description / Role
The MEP Technicians will be multi-skilled technicians with the ability and qualifications to undertake both mechanical and electrical, instrumentation system maintenance tasks. The MEP Technicians will be responsible for carrying out allocated project installation control system fault diagnosis and measure, monitor, and control a process. carry out remedial repairs on project works. To be able to work independently with minimal supervision where appropriate, or work as part of a team. Quality of project works and safe working practices are paramount in carrying out the duties.
Structure and reporting relationship
MEP tech’s responsibility managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, plants and processes report to MEP supervisor and Op’s engineers.
• Carry out the PPM, Reactive and corrective including the electrical installations such as, lighting control system, DB’s VFD, control and monitoring devices, equipment’s, emergency lighting and small power not limited
• Integrate and communicate effectively with other technical staff as required.
• Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
• Participate in emergency on-call service during non-working hours, weekends and public holidays.
• Carry out project activities as directed by the Supervisor and adhere to Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Conform to all necessary internal and/or external approvals before, during and after project work including Permit to Work and Lockout / Tag Out procedures.
• Maintain up to date knowledge through technical training provided by the Supervisor for the safe and efficient operation of all project duties.
• Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including toolbox talks, health safety and environmental training related to work activities especially electrical safety and working at heights.
• Use safe systems of work when working with all building services electrical equipment.
• Carry out all other duties as directed by the Project Supervisor and Project Manager to the benefit of the Serco and the Client.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
• Vocational training certificate in instrumentation system or electrical building services, power and distribution or other relevant and recognized qualifications in the electrical operation, maintenance and repair.
• High School Diploma
• Good level of the English language both written and spoken.
• Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
• Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
• Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
• Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of buildings Electrical services and associated equipment.
• Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of electrical planned maintenance and repair services.
• Technical and safety awareness with a clear understanding of electrical safety, permit to works, processes, procedures, use of electrical tools and associated test equipment.
Has advance knowledge in instrumentation system, electrical equipment and power supply and distributions systems and associated lighting and control systems in commercial buildings or other facilities management building services engineering environment.
Additional / special features of the role
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions, Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.