Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
This role is for the Redline Extension project and will commence in Q1 2020. At this time we are seeking to identify internal employees in advance, in order to provide the necessary training. Interested employee will be subject to the standard recruitment process and selected employees will be included on a department succession plan.
The purpose of this position is to supervise and lead a number of line maintenance teams to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering building services including mechanical, electrical and plumbing facilities for Dubai Metro.
- Lead and give guidance to a number of Mechanical, Electrical &Plumbing services engineering and maintenance teams in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing facilities covering platform screen doors system, station automated doors, building automated doors, train washing equipment, portable electrical equipment, fire detection/suppression (FPS), tunnel ventilation, heat exchanger ventilation & air-conditioning, lighting system, uninterrupted power supplies, lifts, escalator, travelators. Some of these systems are installed along trackside, whilst others can be found in stations and still some others in depots.
- Coordinate and allocate resources to all aspects of technical activities to building services on a day-to-day basis and supervise and diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment, replace faulty equipment and handover/taken back to the electro-mechanical workshop for repair.
- Lead the line maintenance team in carrying out functional test, troubleshoot, and assemble/disassemble tests as required, repair and replace defective parts in motors, relays, switches, panel boxes, remote control equipment, gear boxes and other electrical and mechanical assemblies associated to platform screen doors, station automated doors, building automated doors, portable electrical equipment, fire detection/suppression (FPS), tunnel ventilation, heat exchanger ventilation & air-conditioning, lighting system, uninterrupted power supplies, lifts, escalator, travelators;
- Follow the relevant maintenance procedures and instructions to ensure compliance with Serco Dubai Metro requirements/
- Assist subordinates with the job familiarization where required and assist Building Services Senior Engineer in maintenance planning.
- Give guidance to Building Services Team Leaders to maintain accurate maintenance records of Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services, equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system;
- Assist the Building Services Senior Engineer and ME&P Services Manager and/or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects;
- Maintain accurate maintenance records of building services including Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing facilities, equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerised maintenance management system.
- Maintaining low voltage electrical equipment (400 VAC).
- Inspecting and maintain Platform Screen Door equipment and Tunnel Ventilation System.
- Communicating with Control Centre Controllers and with other persons responsible for a Track Possession, Worksite or movements of rail vehicles within a Possession.
- Establishing, supervising a removing a safe system of work to protect the safety of persons working on or near the track.
- Must obtain qualification as Line-Person-In-Charge.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Communication & Influence - Engages and influences others by using a wide range of communication methods and styles. Facilitates understanding and encourages communication both within own team and more broadly.
- Customer Service - See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Judgement and Decision Making - Quickly recognizes and gets to grips with increasingly complex scenarios. Secures and compares information from multiple sources and exercises judgement to close the gaps in data and deal with increasing levels of ambiguity.
- Driving Growth & Innovation: - Actively supports team members who initiate change or take risks and seeks ways to increase the delivery of services, being mindful of key financial indicators.
- Execution & Delivery - Sets clear team objectives and establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed on time.
- Drive for Results - Demonstrates Personal Drive and actively works towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Communication & Influence - Communicates effectively, clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Resilience - Maintains composure and remains calm in uncertain or challenging situations & consistently behaves in a manner that is acceptable to others.
- Personal Growth - Demonstrates self-development and takes responsibility for one's own personal impact and development, focusing on increasing self-awareness as well as identifying new areas for learning and professional development and creating learning opportunities.
- Valuing Difference - Respects difference and shows respect for individual differences and perspectives amongst colleagues.
- Lives Serco values - Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation
Essential technical and professional skills
- Must have diploma or degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Must have minimum 2 years work experience as a qualified Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Technician in maintaining and repairing Mechanical & Electrical facilities covering platform screen doors system, lighting system, tunnel ventilation system, environmental control systems, fire fight system, LV power control system and emergency power supply system, lifts and escalators.
- Should have 3 years of supervisory and management experience in supervising a team of Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Technicians and/or 2 years of working experience as Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Team Leader to carry out the maintenance activities.
- Excellent working knowledge in maintaining and repairing motors and pumps, relays, I/O modules, control units, wirings, bearings, drive belts, coils, gearboxes, damper, values, impellers, motor controls, air handling units, chilled water system, fire alarm panels, fire pumps, UPS, batteries and diesel engines, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience in operating and in interfacing building management system is essential.
- Holder of a valid UAE driving license with a good driving skill and experience.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world and we committed to redesigning and improving these services through innovation.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. To view all internal opportunities, log into MyHR online.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.