Job description / Role
Merchandiser needs to ensure that the stock ordered arrives correctly on time to the planned stores and that is replenished and rotated as it needs. A Merchandiser is also responsible for making sales reports and analyzing them, in order to give a proper assistance and suggestions to the Buyer and Planning Manager.
• Assist buyer on orders placing and pricing, by supplying required reports and making suggestions based on date and experience
• Compile, review and process orders to vendor
• Record all purchases and know at any point what has been purchased and what is the OTB
• Review orders confirmations from the vendor
• Track and ensure shipping times are being followed by the vendor
• Ensure all paperwork and system requirements are done and the documents form vendor are correct in order to receive shipments
• Review invoices and shipments discrepancy, and solve any issues regarding that
• Work with Buyer on shop distribution
• Create pick list and monitor shop allocation
• Monitor new collection launch
• Replenish stock as it sells
• Rotate stock as it needs, communicating/discussing the plans with Buyer
• Flag good/bad sellers or any positive/negative trends
• Monitor stock to sales ratio of brands, categories, items and stores and ensure stock is at optimal levels
• Suggest reorders and discounts based on data analysis
• Suggest actions to increase sales and to clear old stock
• Produce Sales reports and analyze them in order to be fully aware of what is happening in the market, assess performance of brands, categories, items and stores and aid decision making
• Prepare and coordinate promotions and markdowns
• Know at any point and monitor the different price files used at any store. Detect and correct any issue occurring in stores.
• Maintain a clear and clean information in the system, by uploading the correct information and revised old information
• Guarantee his assigned stores are being served from all other merchandisers and brands properly
• Communicate often with stores to ensure stores are fully informed to get feedback from them about promotions, markdowns, product assortment, replenishment
• Bachelor degree
• Commercial acumen and a passion for the sector and its products
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Excellent analytical skills
• Customer focus
• Team working skills
• Numeracy and IT skills (proficiency in Excel)
About the Company
Al Boom Marine is a leading lifestyle retail and distribution company that operates in the GCC and MENA regions, with more than 25 brands and over 60 retail through concept and own multibrand stores, as well as more than 300 active wholesale accounts. Concepts and brands diverse from lifestyle, leisure and watersports to tech and accessories.
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine is successfully growing geographically and commercially, working continuously on entertaining its clients within the categories it caters for, mostly related to people's leisure time.
Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories of its popular watersports, surf and lifestyle brands across the GCC to major sports and optical accounts. Acquiring the distribution rights of GoPro in the region, our client base now includes top electronic retail chains across the region.
The retail division is entertaining our customers through our own multi-brand stores (Beyond The Beach) and concept stores of Oakley, Rip Curl, Tommy Bahama, New Era, Seafolly and Animal. Our retail chain varies from mall stores to street and hotel concepts.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Counter Sales Associate
L'Oreal Middle East
Al Boom Marine
Admin & Sales Coordinator