Job description / Role
- To ensure effective team supervision and therefore achievement of merchandising objectives & targets through effective planning, leading and controlling daily activities of merchandisers / shelf fillers.
- Responsible for supervision of merchandisers / shelf fillers in order to achieve merchandising targets
- Responsible for ensuring that there are enough capable, competent and highly motivated shelf fillers / merchandisers as per budgets. Responsible for the team’s training (on generic or individual specific needs).
- Responsible for ensuring that there are fixed route plans for each merchandiser / shelf filler and that these route plans are being followed & adhered to daily.
- With regards to products in outlets, he is responsible for ensuring achievement of AVA – Availability, Visibility & Accessibility – so that customers do not struggle to find / reach our products.
- Ensure FIFO product rotation is effectively being implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and prominence of effective price communication.
- Responsible for regularly compiling price surveys and communicating to Merchandising Manager.
- Responsible for effective execution and management of product displays, ensuring that they are fully and properly stocked.
- Ensure adequate availability and effective use of POSM.
- Responsible for effective communication to team & successful execution of promotions.
- Responsible for gathering marketing intelligence and communicating to management on time for decision making and corrective action taking.
- Responsible for carrying out market evaluations and coming up with action plans on issues observed in order to correct them.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by superiors or management.
Education, experience and skills:
- Degree in Sales & Marketing, Business Management or such related qualifications.
- 5 years sales experience in the FMCG industry of which at least 3 years in merchandising capacity.
- Knowledge & experience of merchandising strategies / practices and trends very critical
- Previous management / supervisory experience required
- Proven ability & experience in leading / directing the work of others
- Proven ability & experience in achieving KPIs / targets
- Proven ability & experience in performing variety of tasks (multitasking)
- Ability to be very creative & innovative
- Possessing strong selling, negotiation & closing skills / abilities
- Possessing excellent communication & presentation skills (both written & verbal)
- Proven ability & experience in setting targets / standards, training, mentoring, coaching and follow up
- Ability to foster teamwork and enlist support & participation of team
- Effective at time management & meeting deadlines
About the Company
A leading provider of premium drinking water in the GCC.