Job description / Role
A leading Global MLM is seeking to recruit an experienced Merchant Manager, the role will be responsible for identifying the most profitable Merchant strategies, building & acquiring new Merchant partners, and managing Merchant relationships.
You will also Analyse data on categories and products to identify growth opportunities and maximise sales, and Manage fee structures per category/ product to maximise topline growth
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Maximise revenue growth and high-margin product availability
• Use analysis to identify gaps and opportunities, and build appropriate vendor strategies to acquire vendor partners
• Own monthly and quarterly business performance analysis, understand performance drivers and set up/interpret relevant performance reports
• Manage merchant relationships, providing insight on strategy to grow sales.
• Improve Merchant partnerships and increase marketplace adoption & product listing quality.
• Drive the enhancement of Merchant experience and self-service ability
• Improve the customer satisfaction with regards to the availability and range of products
• Identify and maximise growth of highest value categories, and create appropriate product, category and Merchant strategies.
• Minimum 3 years experience in a Marketplace as a Merchant Manager (or similar) OR Extensive professional experience (5-7 Yrs), in complex and dynamic environment ideally in e-commerce, technology, FMCG, or retail
• Bachelors degree in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, or related field
• A strong background in product management, merchant/partner management, management consulting, or finance is required
• English excellent written and verbal senior executive communication style, Ability to speak Arabic a plus
• Ability to create innovative new programs that generate results
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
• P&L responsibility and experience delivering strong financial results
• Strong client relationship skills & proven track record collaborating successfully with internal and external partners
• Effective analytical and data-mining aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills and basic SQL skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy, and to deal with ambiguous problems.
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Head of Market Place - Ecommerce
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Head of eCommerce
Middle East Executive
Quest Search & Selection
Middle East Executive
eCommerce Development Manager
Nestle Middle East