Job description / Role
Our clients are increasingly looking to us to help them plan for growth and analyse all aspects of their overall strategy, which can include inorganic growth. When you join our experienced M&A team, you'll be at the heart of that challenge, guiding clients through every stage of their transaction lifecycle, be it acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs, buy-ins, fundraising, initial public offerings, takeovers, mergers and strategic reviews.
We are looking for a passionate M&A Strategy & Transactions professional to join our high performing team. As a M&A Executive, you will assist clients in assessing the strategic fit of a business by analyzing all aspects of a transaction, assessing the projected synergies, project managing the deal cycle, assisting in negotiations, and conducting financial modelling.
You will leverage off an extensive global network, empowering you to provide sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers. Our team is highly specialized in sector focused M&A transactions; hence, this opportunity will allow you to build in-depth sector expertise at the start of your career journey with us. This can be within Energy, Healthcare, Financial Services, Consumer Products and Retail or Technology, Media and Telecommunications sectors.
You will support in the execution of transactions across the client portfolio, preparing client reports and key documentation for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships
- Meeting the transaction timetable, ensuring quality on client deliverables, as well as engaging with counterparties and other advisers to ensure transaction milestones are met
- Understanding the key business drivers as well as identifying, and managing key issues and risks through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Counsel junior colleagues, share knowledge, and take an active role in the growth and development of the whole team
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience of corporate finance in an investment bank, professional services firm or boutique with a track record of working on both the buy-side and sell-side, as well as finance raising.
- The role would require strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements.
- You will have sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems.
To qualify you must have
- As a minimum, a Bachelor's degree ideally in a finance related topic or similar from a reputable University
- At least 2 to 4 years' experience in a M&A environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to produce high quality and impactful professional documents for clients and internal use
- Flexibility to travel (approx. 25 to 75%).
Ideally, you will also have
- MBA or Master's degree in finance (or related field) from a reputable University
- CFA qualification or working towards it
- Transactions Advisory experience
- GCC experience or working in one of the mature markets
- Arabic language skills would be an asset
What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region