Job description / Role
Our clients are increasingly looking to us to help them plan for growth and analyse all aspects of their overall strategy, which can include inorganic growth. When you join our experienced M&A advisory team, you'll be at the heart of that challenge, guiding clients through every stage of their transaction lifecycle, be it acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs, buy-ins, fundraising, initial public offerings, takeovers, mergers and strategic reviews.
We are looking for an experienced M&A Transactions Advisory professional to join our high performing team. As a M&A Manager, you will assist clients in assessing the strategic fit of a business by analyzing all aspects of a transaction, assessing the projected synergies, project managing the deal cycle, assisting in negotiations, and conducting financial modelling.
You will leverage off an extensive global network, empowering you to provide sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers. You may advise C-suite executives and boards on evaluating strategic alternatives in the context of transactions.
You will participate in the execution of transactions across the client portfolio, preparing client reports and key documentation for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals. You will take an active role in business development activities including involvement in the preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials, and meeting with existing / target clients. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Originate and deliver transaction ideas, identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships
- Project manage the transactions, driving the transaction timetable, ensuring quality on client deliverables, as well as managing counterparties and other advisers to ensure transaction milestones are met
- Understanding the key business drivers as well as predicting, identifying, and managing key issues and risks through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Lead, develop and counsel junior colleagues, share knowledge, and take an active role in the growth and development of the whole team
Skills and attributes for success
Experience of corporate finance in an investment bank, professional services firm or boutique with a track record of working on both the buy-side and sell-side, as well as finance raising. The role would require strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements. You will have sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems.
To qualify you must have
- As a minimum, a Bachelor's degree ideally in a finance related topic or similar from a reputable University
- At least 5 to 7 years' experience in a M&A environment, including experience playing a key role in executing transactions
- Strong communication, presentation & project management skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality and impactful professional documents for clients and internal use
- Flexibility to travel (approx. 25 to 75%)
Ideally, you will also have
- MBA or Master's degree in finance (or related field) from a reputable University
- CFA qualification
- Transactions experience in a client facing role within a professional services, investment bank or similar organisation(s)
- GCC experience or working in one of the mature markets
- Experience working in the TMT sector
- Arabic language skills would be an asset
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals.
What working at EY offers
- Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career in the MENA region
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
EY Strategy and Transactions teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients drive corporate, capital, transaction and turnaround strategies through to execution, supporting fast-track value creation in all types of market environments. EY Strategy and Transactions teams help support the flow of capital across borders and help bring new products and innovation to market. In doing so, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients to build a better working world by fostering long-term value.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region