Job description / Role
As a Metadata Specialist, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the metadata management strategy for the organisation. You will partner closely with the Data Management Lead for defining what metadata is captured in order to support the development and implementation of the data hub.
A well-established organisation going through an exciting transition and investing heavily in people and technology.
* Define the metadata management standards and disseminate this information out to the business and technical communities who will capture and create the metadata.
* Identify automated and manual ways for sharing metadata between the various tool sets such as the data modeling tools, the data dictionary, and ETL tools.
* Manage the various metadata repositories that will be used on the project.
* Provide instruction and guidance on the metadata tools to the business and technical communities.
* Monitor the quality of the metadata that is captured to ensure that it is meeting the standards, and report on this quality to the technical leads.
* Work closely with the Data Management Lead, to ensure that the definition and implementation for metadata standards meet the needs of the organisation.
* Attractive tax-free salary
* Fast-moving transformation environment
* Exciting project portfolio and the opportunity to work in a leading organisation
* Bachelors or master's in computer science, MIS, or Information Management.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in a data driven organisation.
* Strong knowledge of programming languages & tools (ETL frameworks, Informatica IDQ, SQL) and data reporting tools (Power BI, QlikView).
* Knowledge of data management practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
* Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
* Done at least 3 full cycle data quality management projects.
* Knowledge of data architecture and technology solutions.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.