Job description / Role
• Support the Proposal Manager with all Technical aspect of tender.
• Perform technical evaluation/review of tender documents, identify problem areas and deviations and ensure all matters are discussed with client(s) and clarified
• Prepare computation and compilation of project technical content of project quotations in liaising with planning/cost control, technical and operations department
• Prepare method statements initial design and engineering in accordance with tender specification and requirements and company procedures
• Participate in internal technical related to the proposal, client bid clarifications, kick-off meeting for handover to project management
• Occasionally participate in offshore jobs as part of the operational team
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you may be requested to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Bachelor degree or equivalent professional qualification with technical engineering background
• Relevant Certification is an advantage
Industry related experience:
• Civil/Marine Construction
• MS Office Suit
• Visual Basic
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.