Job description / Role
Magnifique Meetings Executive
If hospitality is your passion, a magnifique opportunity awaits for you at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. We are currently searching for a talented Magnifique Meetings Executive (MICE) to join our magnifique team.
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide.
- Access learning & development programs through the Accor Academy.
- Experience the hustle of a dynamic, fast paced hotel located in the heart of the city.
- Take advantages of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
What you will be doing:
- Handle all incoming calls and emails related to MICE groups and Leisure Groups inquiries to ensure that all leads are addressed.
- Assess the requirements and the competition for each group lead before sending a proposal to the client.
- Analyse group requests, check the availability in the respective hotels, block rooms & space, prepare and send group quotations to all local and overseas Travel Agents / PCO's / Corporate Accounts / DMC's and Incentive houses.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates for the Group log and that all leads are tracked and followed up on.
- Upload all group room blocks and their event requirements in Opera system and manage the groups till the handover to the property team at the phase of contracting.
- Actively take part in the departmental briefings, Sales Blitz, telesales activities and 'bring back old business' actions as requested by the Department Head.
- Prepare various reports such as group log report with current status and updates, groups lost business report, turn down report, weekly conversion report per segment, etc.
- Assist the senior MICE team members and manage their administrative tasks where and when necessary
Your experience and skills include:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of Dubai & UAE sales market.
- Good communication & negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge in dealing with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.