Job description / Role
The Dynamics 365 Functional Consultant (SCM) takes an end-to-end, process-based approach to address key business challenges such as complexity reduction, process engineering and innovation and operations excellence, strategic cost reduction, enterprise transformation and supporting business growth through fast innovation. Functional Consultants are required to understand and respond to business needs and work with the process owners to rapidly enhance the internal capabilities needed to continuously improve operational and innovation performance.
As a Finance Functional Consultant, the role will use your strategy and operations consulting skills, business process knowledge, and other methodologies and tools to quantitatively analyze issues and drive solutions to transform the business.
The main responsibility is to participate in the Digital Transformation Project helping marry the processes with technology to help the business achieve the transformation goals of the initiative.
The role will design, implement and deploy D365 solutions with the Implementation partners and Business Process owners to achieve defined business goals. The role needs to maintain skills in D365 applications process design and configuration; D365 application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; and D365 application technical architecture.
Business performance and process diagnostics and assessments
* Supervising application design and architecture components
* Supervising process and functional design activities
* Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
* Developing and testing detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
* Supervising application build, test, and deploy activities
* Planning and executing data conversion activities
* Driving test planning and execution
* Participation in all phases of the project life cycle including: analyzing, designing, modelling, testing, training, pre and post Go live support, and deploying suitable and appropriate solutions.
* Preparation of Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and Function Design Document (FDD) is must
* Project and program management that exhibits leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, strategy, and organizational change
* Work with Implementation Partners specialists and Business Process Owners to achieve the Digital Transformation Project goals.
* Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
* Strong client interface and presentation skills
* Strong business acumen
* Track record of initiative and outstanding performance
* Excellent interpersonal skills-'Customer Focus'
* Manages customer expectations effectively
* Ability to quickly build relationships
* Passion for learning
* Strong time management skills
* The role reports into the Head of Business Systems and into the Digital Transformation Program Manager in a dotted relationship.
* Bachelor's Degree: Business or technology related BA/BS
* 8-10+ years Dynamics AX or NAV SCM Finance/SCM implementation experience
* Experience with extensions, coc, security, data entities, customer services, odata, logic apps, LCS, DevOps, etc.
* Deep understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics AX/D365 platform & Possess skills to architect solutions that deliver results for our business
* Experience participating in requirements gathering process for IT systems
* Clear and concise oral and written communication
* Ability to lead people, teams and projects
* Knowledge on DevOps - Azure repos, pipelines, source control, branching, merging
* Experience in D365 F&O environment management - deploying environments (Cloud hosted and Microsoft managed), applying continuous updates, resolving issues related to environments
* Understanding of aspects of business management and strategic evaluation.
* Minimum of 8-10+ years' experience with full life-cycle implementation of D365FO/ Dynamics AX SCM experience (prefer at minimum AX 2012 R3)
* Proven experience leading requirement gathering and discovery with users and stakeholders
* Participation in FIT/GAP process and ability to write complete functional design specifications
* Solid experience in designing and writing technical specification documents
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in ERP implementation principles, practices and methodologies
* Experience and strong working knowledge across key SCM modules and Microsoft products, including but not limited to: Products and Inventory, procure to pay, Order to cash, Warehouse Management Systems, 3PL Integration, Order Management, Replenishment and Demand Planning, Reverse Logistics etc.
* Strong experience on deploying Retail Merchandising Hierarchy, Customer Centric programs like loyalty, Omni-channel retailing, Store operations, Dynamics 365 Commerce Headquarters; configure products, prices, discounts, loyalty, and affiliations; manage Point of Sales (POS) in Dynamics 365 Commerce.
* Master's Degree in business or technology
* Dynamics D365 Certification or NAV equivalent like
* MB-300: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Core
* MB-330: Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Supply Chain Management
* Dynamics 365 experience with at least 1 -2 project cycle
* Prior consulting experience
* Project Accounting experience
* Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology
* Working knowledge of Microsoft platform skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O – Functional Consultant
Microsoft D365 Functional Consultant
Big Fish Recruitment
Software QA Specialist
IT System Analyst
Chef Middle East