Job description / Role
We are looking for a Mid-Weight Interior Designer to join our Creative Team in Dubai to work on a range of Hospitality and Residential projects.
• Taking projects from concept through to completion
• On-site project delivery
Appraisals and brief:
• Provide a full and detailed appraisal of the project requirements based on RFP & Client brief.
• Develop design brief (Reverse Brief), including proposed deliverable, for comment and approval prior to commencing Concept Design.
• Provide a full project programme for delivery of each project, including time-scales, resourcing and deliverable.
• To be reviewed and approved by the AD.
• Aid Directors to define brief for specialist sub-consultants.
• Sub Consultant liaison agreeing deliverable, scope and time-scales.
• Fully develop the direction of the interior design and convey by means of look & feel mood boards, materials palettes etc, in conjunction with the Director.
• Responsible for presentation of Concept – visual, and verbal. Deliverable to be reviewed on a project by project basis.
Schematic and Detailed Design:
• Orchestrate and assume overall responsibility for the Schematic and Detailed Design packages.
• Review progress daily with the technical team. Resolve all outstanding issues where director or client input is required.
• Provide full materials, FF&E & technical specifications
• Lead sub consultant coordination, including client appointed consultants to provide coordinated package
• Coordinate & advise on Local Authority compliance and submission for approvals against programme.
• Continuous link to pre-contract staff, clients and sub consultants.
• Manage and aid staff communication internally.
• Manage communication with senior staff, consultants & clients
• In the absence of the Associate Director, manage weekly senior/junior ID’s meeting, to formally track project programme, deliverables and resourcing.
• Manage the Interior Designer team in the effective development and delivery of projects, and track progress across all projects.
• Constantly review time and resources for each stage & feedback to directors.
• Ensure reference material is available for staff members to use.
• Ensure all staff members have the correct tools for the project
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• AutoCAD & SketchUp experience (minimum 5 years)
• Adobe Photoshop & InDesign
• Working knowledge of Building regulations, British Standards and other relevant statutory legislation.
• A degree in Interior Design
• Excellent design and technical skills.
• Demonstrates experience in all stages of the design process from conception to completion.
• Good communication and client management
• Work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
• Experience of fast-track projects from inception to completion.
• Willingness to listen and learn from all members of the team.
About the Company
We make creative projects happen. We're an international, multidisciplinary practice of designers, managers, creatives, entrepreneurs, strategists, and operational experts working across space, experience and identity. We pride ourselves on having a diverse portfolio of fun projects and clientele.
Of course, we do all this with your needs and ambitions in mind. Which is why around 90% of our work is repeat business from happy clients.
Interior Design Architect
Architect / Interior Designer
Multiline Design & Contracting
Senior Interior Designer
Swiss Bureau Interior Design
Interior Designer - Curtains/Wallpapers
Black Pearl Consult