Job description / Role
Key Middle Office principles:
* Business alignment / Product expertise: Product specialists who understand business priorities and strategy, define optimal solutions leveraging industry leading facilities and influence behaviour through countenance
* Connect: Build bridges across the bank to simplify current operating model, create efficiencies and identify new opportunities
* Leadership and Market presence: Own your domain and influence product evolution, define internal standards and shape future utilities through selective industry positioning
* Risk Manager: Define the standard to effectively control the T-0 business day; understand regulations, key trends, and external incidents; voice opinions and concerns; protect the bank
* Support for Rates and Credit Trading and Sales Desks - including support for CDS, Bonds, Rates Derivatives and Structured Derivatives.
* Own query remediation, trade life-cycling and other day-to-day processing, ensuring timely escalation, in order to minimise risk
* Understand the trade lifecycle from front to back and be the subject matter expert and go-to person for the core systems processing
* Drive continuous improvement and innovate:
* Partner with Technology to deliver transformation
* Work with FO to identify booking model improvements and drive efficiency
* Face of Operations to Sales and Trading Desks locally - primary point of contact:
* Insulate FM from post execution processing / queries, represent Operations functions
* Build team profile with the Front Office
* Stakeholder engagement, 2-way flow of information - "Trusted Advisor"
* New business enablement and solutions, partner to deliver strategic FM initiatives
* Constantly seek opportunities to improve global consistency, work closely with the
* Hubs (GBS) and other regions to close gaps and standardise processes.
* Communicate with clients to solve immediate day to day issues with transactions as well as understand their longer terms needs to shape business decisions in Operations
* Build strong relationship with Hub teams (GBS) to facilitate efficient communications and speedy resolutions of issues:
* Identify and close knowledge gaps within the Hubs through hands on training
* Daily KPI monitoring vs SLA
* Engage with industry bodies and vendors to identify opportunities to enhances processes and systems and drive efficiency
* Be the subject matter expert for MIS, cost-per-trade, touch points per trade - drive their evolution and identify areas to proactively add value through improved data
* Be aware of, and strive to reduce, vendor costs
* Operations representation for external/internal and regulator scheduled audits:
* Ensure Audit points are addressed within time lines
* Achieve regulatory compliance and future proof the Middle Office model through a strong understanding of current rules and anticipation of upcoming regulations
* Adherence to Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management:
* Continuous review of procedures and booking model
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* University degree preferred
* Subject matter expert in Rates & Credit products in terms of product characteristics, risk, market data and P&L:
* CDS, Bonds, IRS, CCS, Basis Swaps, Structured Rates Derivatives and Futures
* Additionally, knowledge of Repo product would be beneficial
* Minimum 5 years Financial Markets experience ideally from a top tier bank
* Understanding of front to back process and systems flows
* Knowledge of latest industry developments including IBOR transition, CSDR and SFTR
* Analytical and process improvement mindset
* Strong inter-personal skills
* Confident communicator able to adapt style to Front Office and offshore colleagues
* Ability to influence demanding individuals
* Impact and gravitas to drive meetings with senior Ops and FO management
* Demonstrate strong teamwork and values mindset
* Thrive on working in fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
* Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions
* Knowledge of Murex, Sabre and Bloomberg preferable
* Proficient in Excel (pivots, lookups and basic VBA an advantage)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jun|