Job description / Role
• Selecting, measuring, cutting, and joining appropriate metals to specifications.
• Preparing metals and work surfaces to ensure safe and effective assemblage.
• Interpreting specifications and blueprints accurately.
• Training welding apprentices and mentoring recruits.
• Regularly cleaning and inspecting welding equipment and tools.
• Operating cranes and other machinery to transport materials to welding worksites.
• Determining correct gas ratios.
• Testing the strength of each join during and after project completion.
• Diagnosing issues and troubleshooting as required.
• Liaising with the line manager or supervisor, reporting any issues, and making suggestions for improvement.
• Automotive MIG Welding experience is a must
• A relevant certificate from a welding association may be required.
• To be friendly and approachable
• To understand and deliver good customer service
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
About the Company
Established in Canada in 1992 - STREIT Group is one of the world's leading, privately owned armored vehicles manufacturers with 12 state-of-the-art production facilities and 25 offices worldwide. More than twenty three years of war zone experience made STREIT Group one of the most trusted and reliable suppliers of armored vehicles.
We produce a large variety of Armored Personnel Carriers, Cash-in-Transit, Luxury and Security vehicles which are designed to provide effective protection in high-risk situations. All our vehicles undergo internationally recognized ballistics and impact tests, with STANAG 3 certification for military tactical vehicles and VPAM BRV 2009 VR7 for luxury and special purpose vehicles.
We are a leading supplier of armored vehicles with 100% safety record; our vehicles are deployed by armed forces all over the world. We take no chances when it comes to saving lives.