Job description / Role
To manage the overall operation of the Bar, following established objectives for the highest standards in professional management and administration as well as in effective and fair personnel development.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies and attempts to contribute to the evolution of the field of bartending.
- Creates innovative beverages, often using unique, house made, or historical (and now uncommon) ingredients and combining those to create unusual tastes in drinks.
- Studies and reimagines classic beverages
- Revels in and refines the techniques and drinks of the bartenders of old
- Is a sort of beverage historian and revolutionary rolled into one
- Develop and maintain Beverage training programs to ensure a high degree of staff professionalism
- Designs beverages that are seasonal and / or aligned with the style of the establishment
- Prepares any house-made syrups, tinctures, bitters, or other ingredients that a bartender will need for service
- Selects ingredients behind the bar that are high quality and again, aligned with the bar or restaurant.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Bar & Lounge Operation along with Assistant Manager.
- Handle all related Beverage complaints and make effective service recovery
- Ensure standards are being followed in accordance with F&B policies and procedures
- Ensure all Bar & Service employees have full beverage product knowledge
- Regularly inspect beverage quality
- Hold monthly one-to-one staff meetings to establish and monitor targets and achievements, and update performance logs accordingly
- Liaise with stewarding on Glassware inventory and breakage control
- Establish guest database with beverage preference records of regular guests
- Implement weekly cleaning schedules for bar operating equipment
- Control stock of all equipment in the Bar
- Constantly monitor staff's appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism
- Excellent reading, written and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of Bar & Lounge service
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Excellent leader and trainer with strong motivational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism, sound human resources management capabilities, business acumen, energy and determination
- Proven organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Degree in Hotel Restaurant Management or equivalent
- WSET Level 2 preferably (Spirit) required
- Minimum 2 - 3 years as Head bartender / Mixologist in Bar
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.