Job description / Role
Al Arabiya broadcasts newscasts every hour as well as talk shows and documentaries. The programs cover current affairs, business, stock markets and sports and is rated among the top pan-Arab stations by Middle East audiences. Middle East News have an exciting opportunity for a Motion Graphic Designer. The Designer will develop and deliver content, ensuring that it achieves the highest creative and editorial standards with adherence to Al Arabiya guidelines. Working in collaboration with editorial colleagues across platforms
- To produce distinctive content on a variety of platforms.
- To work effectively with other departments ensuring you maintain excellent relationships throughout.
- To ensure content reflects our diverse audiences.
- To keep up to date with emerging industry trends.
- Share design expertise and creative solutions for the benefit of the audience.
- Be accountable for the quality of your work and ensure it meets intended purposes.
- Be accountable for the usability and accessibility of design deliveries for the broadest possible cross-section of users.
- Bachelor in Graphic Design / Motion Graphic / or relevant degree.
- 2 years of experience.
- A passion for a great understanding of the area in which the role operates.
- An experienced Adobe Creative Suite User.
- Portfolio evidence of excellent design work demonstrating creative flair.
- Able to deliver different approaches and design styles.
- Able to talk through your design decisions with a diverse range of people, evidence of successfully collaborating and sharing your ideas with absolutely anyone.
- Keep pace with latest design trends and technology developments.
- Keep the team well informed of plans and progress.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.