Job description / Role
The purpose of this position is to administer and coordinate the travel movements of Australian Defence Force personnel at Al Minhad Airbase (i.e. in-country relocations, scheduled leave etc.).
Structure and reporting relationship
This role reports to the Movement Coordination Team Leader, whom reports to the Head of Support Services for the MELABS contract. This position requires collaborative relationships with various stakeholders including other co-workers and client representatives.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Coordinate the movement tasks in support of minor operations in the Middle East region;
• Provide advice and conduct liaison with the supported ADF units and coalition forces on movement related requirements;
• Coordinate transportation as required;
• Provide advice and assistance to ADF units on the preparation of personnel scheduled to travel;
• Coordinate the physical movement of cargo to be shipped on the scheduled ADF flight from Al Minhad Airbase;
• Report all personnel and cargo movements in accordance with the relevant ADF SOP’s;
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Good record keeping
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks
• Committed to providing services that promote the wellbeing of all ADF and Serco personnel
• Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team environment
• Demonstrated high level of communication skills (written and oral)
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact at all levels
• Professional personal presentation
• Customer service orientation
• Attention to detail accuracy
• Ability to use initiative
• Approachable and helpful
• Able to remain claim in stressful situations
• Sound computer literacy
• Possess the ability to analyse data and issue reports
• A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience in a fast paced operations environment
• Previous experience working in a base operations environment is preferable;
• Possess a current Australian Federal Security Clearance (minimum requirement - Negative vetting level 1)
• Possess a current valid Australian drivers’ licence (in order to obtain UAE driving licence)
Additional / special features of the role
• This role is classed as unaccompanied status for the initial 12-month contract period. This may be reviewed for any subsequent contract periods. Accommodation and transport allowances will be provided as part of the salary package
• Serco shall provide the selected candidate with one economy airfare each way for mobilization and demobilization to/from Dubai
• Serco shall provide the selected candidate with annual leave and one annual economy return airfare to place of domicile
• This position requires shift roster work and may involve extended hours to be performed when applicable
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.