Job description / Role
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
Roles & Responsibilities:
In the frame of a Support Contract for UAE Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA), the Field Service Representative (FSR) takes part of team of two Thales FSRs.
Being located at the Air Base, the Thales team is embedded into the Customer's global team working for the End User.
The FSR team is in charge of the operational support of the Thales Mission System onboard the two UAE Maritime Patrol Aircrafts and the associated ground segment.
In that extent, the team works with a support of the Thales UAE Office and the engineering back-office being located in France (Design Authority, System Engineering, IVVQ, Supply chain):
The FSRs are in charge of:
- Maintain the availability of the Thales Mission System onboard the aircrafts and the associated ground segment
- Identify and characterize (w/ the Customer/End User) the issues/snags which could happen and solve them by liaising with the back-office
- Be the interface to the Customer (and the End User) for any question/topic related to Thales supplied equipment. (All communication have to be through our Customer)
- Writing the weekly report to the project team (Project Manager, System Engineering Manager, IVVQ Manager
The selected candidate will benefit from a dedicated training on the Thales Airborne Mission System for 1 or 2 months at Thales DMS (Brest/France).
Work Experience Requirements:
- An experience in Mission System is highly recommended (1 to 2 years)
- Confirmed experience of system engineering and/or test and validation in complex systems & environment.
- Experience in the military domain is a plus (civil or military)
Qualification, Certification & Educational Requirements:
- Engineering degree with specialty/valuable experience in system engineering and test and validation
- Engineering knowledge in software and electronics
- FAR 21 certification already obtained is a plus but not mandatory.
- Teamwork is really important as team is composed of 2 FSRs with complementary skills
- Autonomy is mandatory, being open minded, capable of fetching operational needs and feelings towards the system
- Good customer intimacy and communication
- Very reactive to solicitations
- Rigorous and able to quickly analyze and synthesize an issue to be communicated to a back-office team
- Fluent in English language
- French and Arabic languages are a plus but not mandatory.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.