Job description / Role
• Perform product demonstrations, installations, and application support.
• Improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
• Evaluate customer needs and emphasize product features based on the technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
• Post advertisements on classified websites and respond to advertisement-related questions.
• Create strategies for business-to-business sales opportunities.
• Convert customer queries, quotations and leads into sales for example exports, instrument assessments, instrument repair assessments. Conduct warm calls.
• Attend industry events to promote the sales and services of Used Piano, for example expos, hospitality conventions etc.)
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department to create marketing collateral and material to increase Used Piano sales.
• Purchase used instruments from various sources for re-selling and for use inside the schools.
• Create strategies for email and SMS marketing for lead generation.
• Continually research and maintain a register of all music, hospitality and events magazines for advertising purposes.
• Identify sales opportunities via industry readings, internet searches, analysts’ reports, etc.
• Identify growth opportunities for example expanding products and services offered.
• Contact customers for after-sale and customer service checks for process and service improvements.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Used Instruments and Melodica products, services and offerings.
• Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Ensure a smooth running of the daily operation of the branch
• Place, receive and route a high volume of local or international calls and direct calls and respond to inquiries.
• Establish and maintain a good relationship with the customers
• Manage all types of inquiries within your capacity
• Update the internal/external contact lists on regular basis
• Promote the company packages and services
• Meet monthly sales targets by promoting sales and assisting customers with queries relating to the sale of items
• Greet and assist visitors and screen to control interruptions
• Welcome candidates cheerfully and inform concerned staff
• Announce the arrival of visitors/clients and schedule of students accordingly
• Provide back-up data as needed
• Arrange amenities as needed
• Arrange "callbacks" to protect boss’s time
• Provide back-up materials for callbacks
• Arrange the rooms for the teachers and students
• With relevant experience in "Sales" and able to meet "sales target"
• Suggests and contributes in policy & procedure making for the improvement of the Customer Service Department.
• Support in the development of the existing system to ensure upmost customer satisfaction.
• Minimum Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Management or Administration
• Young, good-looking, jovial and pleasing personality
• Candidate must not be more than 32 years of age
• Relevant experience in a sales environment and strong client service orientation preferred
• Proficient in English - verbal and written
• Flexible when it comes to the reassignment of branches and shifting schedule
• Strong IT systems knowledge – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
• Good administrative skills
• Knowledgeable in any kind of Music instrument (Guitar, Drums, Piano, etc.).
• Preferably someone who can play the instrument.
About the Company
Melodica Music and Dance Institutue is a music institute in Dubai, UAE established and registered under the Knowledge and Human Development Authority. Melodica have been operating since 2013 and are one of the top-rated independent music schools in Dubai with six branches across Dubai with a further four opening over 2018-2020.
Melodica is registered with ABRSM, Trinity and RAD and specialise in teaching piano, vocals, guitar, violin, drums, saxophone, flute, ballet and hip hop for all age groups. With over 100 teachers from a variety of different backgrounds and nationalities including Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Serbia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Belarus, UK, South Africa, India, Canada and US, Melodica is a truly international school.