Job description / Role
About the Role
GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programmes have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximises every student's learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path, and positively contribute to the local and global society.
Our Music department has transformed student outcomes and succeeded in inspiring a love of learning Music at GEMS World Academy, through the dedication of staff, their exceptional subject knowledge, and the department's forward-thinking approach to data and the curriculum. The department is highly regarded among our student body for the care and personal support offered to students. We are now looking for an innovative Music Teacher to join this successful team and support at all levels of learning (K-12), beginning in August 2023 .
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of the IB MYP and DP Programmes and a proven track record of successful and varied teaching. Genuine alignment with the philosophy of the IB and the values embodied in the Learner Profile are essential, as is a passion for working in our truly diverse community.
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B. Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent in Music
- A minimum of 3 years of varied and demonstrable Secondary School Music teaching experience at various school levels
- Experience from an IB curriculum school, however, this is not mandatory
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to continue to drive the education agenda at this flagship GEMS World school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- The aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.