MYP/DP English Teacher
Job description / Role
About the Role
GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programs, have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximizes every student's learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path and positively contribute to the local and global society.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, highly-motivated and well-qualified MYP/DP English Teacher to join our Secondary Team, beginning August 2023. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students' interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning.
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning.
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.).
- Assess and record students' progress and provide grades and feedback.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom.
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings.
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events.
- Observe and understand students' behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
The successful applicant should have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification such as PGCE, PGDE or B.Ed. or equivalent.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in the English Language.
- 2-4 years of full time English teaching experience in Secondary School (Gr 6-12).
- Available August 2023.
- Experience teaching MYP English at an IB curriculum school is preferred.
- Professional commitment to becoming an "Outstanding" Teacher.
- An excellent team player within the department and across phases.
- Very strong IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents.
About Your Benefits
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax free salary, medical and life insurance, working permit and residence visa, relocation allowance, flight allowance, tuition fee concession and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.