Job description / Role
• Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business.
• Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
• As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision.
• Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants.
• Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations.
• Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions.
• Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
• Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
• Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment.
• May have project lead role.
• Experience working in a customer-facing environment (ideally in a presales capacity) in the Middle East region is essential.
• This position requires multiple years experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools including SQL databases like MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL stores like MongoDB, Riak, Cassandra, Redis, CouchDB. Relevant applications include web technology like Web-CMS, Magento, Drupal, Wordpress, Alfresco.
• Working knowledge of MySQL or other databases and knowledge of widely adopted operating systems (different Linux distributions, Windows Server) is a plus.
• A deep technical background, e.g. as a software developer (Java, JS, php, .NET, Ruby, Perl or similar) or database administrator is very important.
• A good understanding of opensource software and business models is preferred.
• Self starter mentality, autonomous work style and motivation to contribute to team success are key elements of this role.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent with more than five years prior business experience preferred.
• Up to 50% travel is required, mostly Middle East and Africa.
• Must be eligible to work in the UAE
• Fluent English and Arabic is required
• 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience.
• 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools.
• Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system.
• Through knowledge of system and application design.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Senior Technical Consultant