Job description / Role
- Responsible for supporting the Nationalization Leader in rolling out the Region Nationalization Strategy for the MENA GCC National Population.
- To support increased retention and engagement as well as ensure diverse and exceptional experiences, Create a sense of belonging and fast tracked careers for our GCC National group.
- This feeds into the wider Talent strategy.
- Supports the execution of the Nationalization Strategy within the Region.
- Works closely with the Region Strategic Talent Consultants, Talent Developmental and Learning Leads as well as Regional Recruitment Leads to identify Career Development, Engagement and Belonging requirements.
- Builds close working relationships with the GCC National population and region Talent Teams to ensure alignment to Talent and business strategy.
- Region Nationalization leader
- Government , GCC Nationals and MENA Talent Team
- Support the deployment of the Region Nationalization Strategy for the MENA GCC National Population
- Support career path understanding and identification with the GCC National Population
- Assist Counselors in their Counseling skills for the GCC National Population
- Track career progress with the GCC National Population
- Work with STCs, Counselors and CCG output to understand potential and performance against Leadership Pipeline requirements
- Actively work with the STCs to identify Employees with high Leadership potential and capability for key retention programs
- Support the preparation of GCC Nationals for career milestones and skills development
- Assist GCC Nationals with key milestone transitions e.g. promotion to Senior, Manager, Senior Manager, AP, Partner
- Encourage and support our GCC Nationals to apply for mobility programs and seek out opportunities to develop their skills and experiences
- Work with GCC Nationals to help them build, access and maximise diverse and exceptional experiences at EY
- Work with HR Enablement and STCs on Exit trends and improvement to be made to improve retention
Development & Performance (LEAD)
- Support Counselors in having meaningful Performance and Career conversations
- Actively support and help develop Employees identified on a PIP
- Help ensure GCC Nationals are fairly represented in CCG conversations
- In conjunction with STC teams, assist in the 9 box profiling for Senior Rank Employees
Coaching and Mentoring
- Assist in the roll out of the Coaching Program for GCC Nationals
- Actively Coach and Mentor with the team our GCC National Employees
- Actively coach and guide GCC Nationals through their development across our Transformative Leadership framework
- Assist in the smooth onboarding and transition of GCC Nationals into the MENA firm
- Encourage our GCC Nationals to take part in EY Ripples
- Actively drive Purpose and Belonging with our GCC National groups through training and focus groups
- Train or facilitate learning in Transformative Leadership Skills, Emotional Intelligence, Wellbeing, Personal Brand and Networking (plus other courses as they are developed)
- Meet a minimum of once per quarter with GCC National Groups
- Ensure that across the team each GCC National has a 1-2-1 session with the National Career Development Team. Ensure HIPOs have touch points once per month
Relationship Management and compliance
- Support the National CD Lead and the D&I team to manage external Government relationship and requirements
- Report and monitor our GCC National quotas, work with the Nationalization Leader on solutions and escalations
- Support regional compliance with all laws impacting GCC Nationals
- Assist in the continuously review and monitoring of our regional polices for fit to our GCC National population
- Support the Nationalization Leader in working with BMC on appropriate alumni events and networks to encourage recruitment activities
- Assist in monitoring the wellbeing of our GCC National population
- Assist in monitoring the inclusion of our GCC National population and actively identify and escalate challenges
- Support the running of our EY Youth Council groups
- Support EY in establishing collaborations with MiSK Foundation
- Actively support an improvement in overall retention of GCC Nationals towards our FY25 targets
- Actively support an improvement in overall length of service of GCC Nationals towards our FY25 targets
- Actively support an improvement in overall population growth of GCC Nationals towards our FY25 targets
- Actively support an improvement in overall engagement scores of GCC Nationals
- Actively help Experience Hire Recruitment, Campus Recruitment and Recruitment Branding teams to increase attraction of GCC National to EY
- Actively support at external recruitment events to build the EY brand
- Actively take part in and speak at key events that attract our target GCC market to assist in the building of the EY brand and network
- Good commercial acumen and business awareness
- Good understanding of EY or Professional Services and the Talent agenda
- Business consulting
- Coaching skills
- Strong client focus with the ability to network, manage relationships and work virtually/ across borders
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the organisation at all levels
- Strong team worker with ability to coordinate and work as 'one team'
- Drive and deliver quality services and products to the business
- Strong cultural understanding of the GCC and EY
- Ability to engage and influence others, with good change management skills and a desire to act as a change champion
- Significant experience of working in HR in professional services or corporate environment
- Experience of working in organizational behavior, talent development preferred
- Working in international and diverse environments
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region