Job description / Role
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
• Undertake engineering activities for vessel modifications and upgrades including but not limited to
• Prepare vessel modification proposals and/or liaise with engineering, technical and operations departments on these modifications
• Undertake transportation analysis, sea fastening design activities and stability analysis
• Preparation of towing calculations and plans;
• Prepare lifting plan as per project requirements.
• Undertake design calculations as per requirements in respect to vessel structures, spreader beams, padeyes, frames etc.
• Prepare system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics
• Prepare calculations on stability, vessel motions, propulsion and vessel strength
• Completion of allocated project tasks in compliance with Telford Offshore Engineering Standards, Safety Policies and Assurance objectives.
• Interface with marine department and vessel to obtain approvals for deck layouts and deck loading
• Liaise with classification society on vessel modifications
• Other duties as directed by Telford Offshore line management from time to time.
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Naval Architecture.
• 5+ years of experience in the offshore industry; preferably worked in offshore installation/construction engineering.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of offshore transportation and installation of pipelines, subsea structures and/or offshore platforms.
• Good working knowledge of applicable codes and standards eg ABS
• Good working knowledge of common industry Engineering software, such as Ansys, Offpipe, Orcaflex, SACS or equivalent software.(Preferable)
• Good working knowledge of generic software, such as MS Office, Autocad, MathCAD.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Proven ability to write concise and accurate technical reports.
About the Company
Telford Offshore is a new company built on years of experience – both in terms of personnel and offshore assets - with the insight and expertise gained from serving the Oil and Gas industry around the world.
We offer flexible accommodation and construction services for both greenfield and brownfield projects. Working in partnership with the full range of operators and contractors we add value through our unique combination of flexible assets, know-how and efficiency.