Job description / Role
Maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. Deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation. System Administrator, with deep knowledge in servers, backup procedures and security to maintain an operational environment which is secure and efficient. Provides end to end support to the users.
• Administers the day-to-day operations of computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
• Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
• Applies revisions to host system firmware and software.
• Establishes, maintains and manages users Active Directory accounts and mange and provide support for JU e-mails and users.
• Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems.
• Provides server support related to other software.
• Responsible for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications such as Exchange Server, Active Directory, Web Services etc…
• Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and coordinate with Campus Services team for the equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
• Primary management of corporate network infrastructure including corporate firewalls, routers and switches and telephone system.
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of auditorium and class room systems, projectors, sound systems, and computers.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, software resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and backups.
• Provide support per request from various constituencies.
• Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
• Ensure network security by installing and maintenance of anti-virus software across JU network.
• Provide required solutions and support to help desk inquiry related to network, infrastructure, computing devices, e-mails and printers and scanners.
• Provide technical support to JU phone system.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer science or a related filed.
• Minimum of 4 - 6 years of relevant experience.
• Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching.
• Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
About the Company
JUMEIRA University, a private higher education institute, prepares students for professional careers in Business, Education, Health science, Islamic and Arabic Studies. Our core learning values are founded on Educational Excellence, Equal Learning Opportunities and preserving the traditions of our community. We provide cutting edge technology facilities, option to study in English and Arabic and provide separate teaching and recreational facilities for both male and female students. We offer accredited bachelor programs in Business and Islamic Studies. Our bachelor programs in Health Science, Education and Arabic studies are under accreditation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Technician
IT System Administrator
Easy World Automation
IT Help Desk Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jan|
IT Help Desk Support
Emad Trade House
IT Admin Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services